Date: 10/28/17 6:24 pm
From: Range Bayer <range.bayer...>
Subject: [obol] Lincoln Co. eBird Rare Bird Alerts: Nashville Warbler (photos) and Swamp Sparrow (audio clips)
[Visit checklist links for photos or audio clips of each. Click map
links for approximate location of each bird. ]

---------- Forwarded message ---------- [2 alerts melded together & excerpted]
From: <ebird-alert...>
Date: Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 2:22 PM and at 3:23 PM
Subject: [eBird Alert] Lincoln County Rare Bird Alert <hourly>

Lincoln County Rare Bird Alert. The report below shows observations of
rare birds in Lincoln County. View or [subscribe] to this alert at
http://ebird.org/ebird/alert/summary?sid=SN39373

Nashville Warbler (Oreothlypis ruficapilla) (1)
- Reported Oct 28, 2017 08:55 by Team Ona
- Ona Beach SP, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.5213563,-124.0740108&ll=44.5213563,-124.0740108
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40174494
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Heard the chip note and then sighted the NAWA in a low
growing birch-like shrub with a feeding flock of dark-eyed juncos,
song sparrows and fox sparrows. The NAWA had a well defined white eye
ring, gray head, olive upper parts, yellow throat and breast, and an
white area of feathers near the legs."

Swamp Sparrow (Melospiza georgiana) (1)
- Reported Oct 28, 2017 11:45 by Team Ona
- Beaver Creek Natural Area, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.5146282,-124.0490448&ll=44.5146282,-124.0490448
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40175241
- Media: 2 Audio
- Comments: "We heard chipping (similar to a Black Phoebe chip note)
at the start of the Marsh Trail. We spent 20 minutes watching the area
where the bird was chipping from different vantage points and did not
see the bird emerge from the dense but low growing vegetation. It was
a distinctive chip note, quite different from species typically found
at this site. We made two recordings of the chipping bird using a
phone and compared these to recorded calls of Swamp Sparrows on a
couple of bird apps on our phones. The calls appeared to match."

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!