Date: 10/28/17 6:02 pm
From: <jpbaztec...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Prairie Warble at Glbert Water Ranch
I heard was some speculation this morning about the age and sex of the Prairie Warbler. After parsing my images, I would think it is a first fall female: eye arcs are white, flank streaks are obscure, auriculars are gray, little or no black in the mustache, and the rectrices are narrow and tapered. The last two shots on our Prairie Warbler page--http://jimburnsphotos.com/pages/prairiewarbler.html--are this morning's bird. The bird in Tamarisk, apparently a fall adult male, is the Tucson bird from the late '90s.

Jim

Jim Burns
Scottsdale, AZ
www.jimburnsphotos.com