Date: 10/28/17 4:41 pm
From: <sbreslochness...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Plumbeous Vireo at Craig Regional Park 10/28
A Plumbeous Vireo was present just south and downhill of the ranger station today around noon, where the pines meet the sycamores. It called several times and occasionally gave a few notes from its song. I did not refind it later in the afternoon.

The freak bird I saw today however was an apparent Long-billed Dowitcher on the lawn by the pond at about the same time. It was quite skittish, and flew off to the east about five minutes after I first saw it, calling. It's probably safely at the river by now.

Also present by the ranger station was a Myrtle-type Yellow-rumped Warbler.
ebird checklist here: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40177966 http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40177966

Good birding,
Samuel Bressler
Fullerton