Date: 10/28/17 4:25 pm
From: zach schwartz-weinstein <zachsw...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Albany County 10/28
I birded several spots around Albany County with Stacy robinson and Gary
Chapin this morning. We started at rensselaerville State Forest, where we
had a number of Red Crossbills and Pine Siskins, as well as the best look
at a Northern Goshawk i’ve ever had. At The Huyck Preserve, we had two
Wilson’s Snipe, a flotilla of Green-Winged Teal, a Bufflehead, and a
Ring-necked Duck.

At Basic Creek reservoir, we had four pectoral sandpipers, a horned grebe,
many Common and Hooded mergansers, Ruddy Ducks, Ri g-Necked Ducks, Teal,
and Americans wigeons. At Alcove Reservoir, two black scoters, a common
loon, and the usual ravens, and at Stanton Pond, in addition to the usual
assortment of dabbling ducks, we had a juvenile Northern Harrier.
--
Zach Schwartz-Weinstein
203 500 7774

Join us on Facebook!