Date: 10/28/17 4:04 pm
From: Steve Brown <sbrown37...>
Subject: [cobirds] Banding Mtn birds, YB Chat, Colo Spgs, Part 2
Hi again COBirders,

After my post at 9:15 this morning, things got REALLY interesting, banding in my yard in NW Colorado Springs. One of the busiest and most diverse species days I've had.
53 birds banded, plus 2 MOCHs and 4 juncos banded last year

18 Mountain Chickadees
2 Black-capped Chickadees
2 Pygmy Nuthatches (only one banded in yard previous 5 years)
Red-breasted Nuthatch
23 Dark-eyed Juncos, incl. 1 White-winged, and many Oregon, Pink-sided, Slate-colored, and Gray-headed
2 Cassin's Finch (ad male, juv male)
Townsend's Solitaire (first in the yard in 4 years)
Yellow-breasted Chat (HY male -first ever even SEEN in the yard - and I haven't seen one at CSR in 6 weeks)
2 Spotted Towhees, ad males
And a Steller's Jay, HY. What a great bird in the hand!

I didn't get much else done at home today.

Enjoy the weekend,
Steve Brown
NW Colo Spgs, Mtn Shadows

Sent from my iPad