Date: 10/28/17 2:48 pm
From: Marjorie Pries <mhpries...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Fwd: eBird Report - North Park Village Nature Center, Chicago, Oct 28, 2017
-------- Original Message ----------
From: <ebird-checklist...> mailto:<ebird-checklist...>
To: <mhpries...> mailto:<mhpries...>
Date: October 28, 2017 at 4:46 PM

North Park Village Nature Center, Chicago, Cook, Illinois, US
Oct 28, 2017 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments: Really cold day but not too much wind. The night before had been cold and rain with high winds.
26 species (+2 other taxa)

Canada Goose X
Wood Duck X
Double-crested Cormorant X fly-over group of about 5. Did not land.
Great Blue Heron X
Cooper's Hawk X
Red-tailed Hawk X
Buteo sp. X fly-overs, mostly in shilouette. Couldn't get a good feel for color or markings, most likely red-tails.
American Woodcock X
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) X
Mourning Dove X
Red-bellied Woodpecker X
Downy Woodpecker X
Hairy Woodpecker X
Blue Jay X
Black-capped Chickadee X
White-breasted Nuthatch X
Golden-crowned Kinglet X
Ruby-crowned Kinglet X
American Robin X
warbler sp. (Parulidae sp.) X most likely a palm warbler. we didn't see the head as it was perching in and obscured by leafy bush. We got it from behind and a little below so didn't see anything besides yellow under the tail and plain paler to whitish underside - back seemed olive-brown.
American Tree Sparrow X
Dark-eyed Junco X
Song Sparrow X
Spotted Towhee X Possibly a spotted/eastern hybrid. I saw this bird twice and clearly saw the rows of spots across the wings (have seen a lot of them in Oregon). It was in the front of the nature center in the fenced herb garden and also on the nearby fallen tree woodpile.
Northern Cardinal X
Red-winged Blackbird X
American Goldfinch X
House Sparrow X