Date: 10/28/17 2:21 pm
From: Scott Priebe via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] [va-bird] eBird Report - Occoquan Bay NWR, Oct 28, 2017
Not particularly birdy today at OBNWR except for Robins, Starlings (125 in a single flock), Yellow-rumped Warblers and blackbirds. I suspect the wind kept the sparrows in deep cover. Many sparrows were seen in glimpses crossing gaps in the vegetation.

Highlights were Rusty Blackbirds, Great Egret and a very tolerant Great Blue Heron. The heron was along side Deephole Point Rd. where water came close to the road on the refuge side. As I passed by the heron, at maybe 12 ft away, I was very surprised that he did not croak and bolt. See picture attached to the checklist. The Great Egret is only the 2nd I've seen at OBNWR.

Scott D. Priebe
Springfield, VA