Date: 10/28/17 11:25 am
From: eupher <eupher...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Owl Canyon & around Bodega Bay
Went up Owl canyon in the fog this morning. I was gifted with 10 minutes of a beautifully colored Golden Crowned Kinglet. He we 5 steps into the path feeding happily in the low bushes.
Also there was a vireo, I think it was Huttons at the bottom of the stream bed. On the ground at the bottom there was a mixed flock of white crowned (and maybe a few golden crowned) sparrows and mixed in was a heavily streaked sparrow that looks like a Song Sorrow, complete with a central breast spot, but this bird was doing the scratch backward thing that towhees do. It could have been Savannah. Up a ways I was pretty sure I saw a Fox Sparrow feeding. In a fallen log, again, I am not sure.
On my way out there was a Townsends Warbler.
At the Hole the flock of Yellow Rumped Warblers was active.
Mike Shannon