Date: 10/28/17 10:07 am
From: <maryann.ambrose51...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Hereford Scaled Quail and Susnet Crater birds
After only seeing 1, then ,2 pair of Scaled Quail in our Hereford yard this
past spring and summer with no babies ever noted...this morning we have a
flock of 30-35, many of whom look to be young of year (not babies, but not
full size etc.) I don't recall flocks this size even when we lived here 20
years ago. Was happy to see so many!

After seeing the post this morning about Cameron Trading Post and Rufus backed
Robins, though very late posting I thought i would share a list of birds from
Sunset Crater National Monument from October 18th:

Red Crossbills- a nice size flock feeding behind the visitors center along
with a few Evening Grosbeaks and many Pygmy Nuthatches. When we returned on
the 22nd no sign of these, but did see Mt. Chickadee and Clark's Nutcracker.

I apologize for not reporting that day. Need to be more attentive to that on
the road!

Mary Ann Ambrose
Hereford