Date: 10/28/17 9:42 am
From: Tom Benson <Thomasabenson...> [LACoBirds] <LACoBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] Greater Pewee continues in Pacific Palisades (Oct 28)
Brittany O'Connor and I saw the continuing Greater Pewee this morning. After initially standing at the usual spot on Brooktree Road and hearing it call a few times between 7:45-8:00 AM, we decided to walk on the opposite side of the creek up Latimer Road (as others had done last Sunday). We eventually saw it perched in the tallest eucalyptus trees above the creek, looking over 779 Latimer Road. It then flew to an evergreen along Latimer Road, and then further upslope to the east where we lost sight of it (but could still hear it calling). This was between 9:00-9:15.
I will note that there appears to be no street parking along Latimer Road. One can park near the intersection of Brooktree and Hightree and walk up Latimer to the end. Also, there is a pedestrian bridge at the end of Latimer Road that, while not signed no trespassing, does lead to Rustic Creek Lane on the other side, which is signed as a private roadway. Searching from Latimer Road in the morning has the added advantage of having the sun at your back if you're looking toward the creek.
Tom Benson San Bernardino, CA

Join us on Facebook!