Date: 10/28/17 7:40 am
From: <merryledel...> [LACoBirds] <LACoBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] Cackling Geese at Malibu Lagoon Oct 27
Yesterday just as we were leaving I think there were 3 Cackling Geese (Aleutian) in Malibu Lagoon. We were on the side trail branching of the west side of the lagoon. I had posted them as Canadas on ebird and notice they got flagged but didn't get the "email" yet, and I had questioned how to list them. It seems this is the right time of year for migrating Cacklers.

The Cattle Egret was still there. Several snow plovers and a few sanderling, and one first winter Heerman's Gull.

Photos on the ebird checklist. Comments welcome
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40157955 http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40157955

Merryl Edelstein
Long Beach

Join us on Facebook!