Date: 10/28/17 3:41 am
From: Rachel Lawson <rwlawson...>
Subject: RE: [Tweeters] You Can't Win Them All - Missed Little Gull and Blue Grosbeak - but A Happy Ending
My husband Joe Brown tells this joke about fishing, but it applies equally to birding:

An avid fisherman dies, and when he opens his eyes in the afterlife, he is standing on the bank of a perfect river. A ghillie is waiting for him, and hands him a fine fly rod. The fisherman casts, and immediately hooks and lands a beautiful trout, the biggest he has ever caught. He casts again, and catches another beautiful trout, just like the first. “Wow, this is great!” he thinks, and casts again. Again, he hooks and lands a beautiful trout. He casts another time, and another, and another, and another, and another, and each time catches another beautiful trout. The fishing is better than anything he has ever experienced, but, surprisingly, he finds he is getting a bit bored. He asks the ghillie if they can move up the river a bit and try a different spot, but the ghillie answers, “No, sir, the fishing is better here.” “Well,” says the fisherman, “this isn’t quite what I expected Heaven to be like,” to which the ghillie replies, “Who said this was Heaven?”

Rachel Lawson

Seattle

<rwlawson...> <mailto:<rwlawson...>