Date: 10/27/17 9:53 pm
From: Bill Bradford <billbradford1...>
Subject: [obol] Wasco County Surf Scoters, Bonaparte's Gull
We tooled around Sherman/Wasco Counties on Thursday and Friday, camping at
Rock Creek Reservoir on Thursday night. Sherman birding was slow, but there
were a few Wasco County highlights:

* At the end of the day on Thursday, we saw a pair of SURF SCOTERS at Rock
Creek Reservoir. This may be one of the first sightings in this area (at
least according to eBird). Unfortunately, they were gone in the morning. An
Intergrade Northern Flicker near the Rock Creek Reservoir day use area was
a fun find.

* On Friday, a single BONAPARTE'S GULL was at Pine Hollow Reservoir. Other
good birds included a late-ish pair of OSPREYS and a COMMON LOON.

* TRICOLORED BLACKBIRDS continue to be found on Oak Springs Road.

* Our first-of-season ROUGH-LEGGED HAWKS were seen on Kingsley Road. This
has been one of our most reliable places to find Roughies in Wasco Co, so
it was nice to see them there this early in the season. Also, a very
cooperative NORTHERN SHRIKE was on Wamic Market Rd.

Lora Minty & Bill Bradford
Portland

Join us on Facebook!