Date: 10/27/17 7:34 pm
From: Sean Williams <seanbirder...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Pochet Island, 10/27
Hello all,

Maili Waters and I birded Pochet Island in Orleans this morning. We tallied
a total of 103 species with many passerine highlights. The main highlights
include 2 Yellow-throated Vireos (new late date for Massachusetts in
eBird), and a Summer Tanager. Our trip was further enhanced by many other
late species and strong warblers numbers. Please see this list with photos
and more details- http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40146267

Recent anomalous coastal winds from the south has caused significant
redirection of southern and boreal migrants to northeastern North America.
Today Maili and I got a taste of what others are experiencing in Maine and
Nova Scotia.

I strongly encourage birders to hit coastal thickets this weekend,
particularly on Cape Cod and Essex County in search of southern migrants,
such as Hooded Warbler, Yellow-throated Warbler, and Summer Tanager.
White-eyed Vireo, for example, seems to be fairly common right now.

Good birding,
Sean

--
Sean M. Williams