Date: 10/27/17 6:48 pm
From: <chayward414...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] LeConte's Continues Half Moon Bay 10/27/17
Hi Folks,

The LeContes Sparrow was seen at 5.40 this afternoon, it popped up in the same coyote bush which is a little farther down the trail to the west from the two larger bushes where Alvaro originally found the bird. This was well described by Kent Forward in his post yesterday. There is a fair amount of water in the ditch below this coyote bush which seems to be bringing birds in to drink and bathe.
I have been riding my bike out there looking for Longspurs with no luck so far. There was a fellow birder Devon Peyton who got some nice photos of the LeConte's after waiting for about two hours, it was a lifer for him so he was really thrilled.
Lastly for folks who might chase this bird tomorrow the fog came in this afternoon and it was much cooler.

Chris Hayward
Half Moon Bay

Join us on Facebook!