Date: 10/27/17 3:49 pm
From: 'Blake Allison' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Bald Eagles and Black Scoters at Wilder Dam and Kilowatt South Friday Morning
Stopped by to see the great cormorant again and to search for any newly arrived waterfowl that might have been forced down by Thursday's rain.
At Wilder Dam was greeted by the spectacle of water cascading through an open gate, the surging roiling water completely covering the cormorant's favored boulder perch. Bad timing, I thought. However, a scan downstream with my binoculars revealed the bird sitting on a snag that protruded into the water from the river bank about 100 yards below the dam on the right. Almost directly above it, in a tall white pine, sat an adult bald eagle. It was joined in that tree a few minutes later by its presumed mate, a surmise based on the knowledge that a pair has a nest in the immediate area.
Upstream at Kilowatt South were three black scoters out in the middle of the large pool behind the dam; clearly seen through spotting scopes provided by Michael Foster and Chris Rimmer. Also at Kilowatt was a northern mockingbird.

Blake Allison
Lyme, NH 03768-3400