Date: 10/27/17 3:02 pm
From: mresch8702 via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Clay-colored Sparrow, BH Vireo, Pipits, plus, Woodmont Orchard, Hollis, 10/27

Had a fun morning at the fields around Woodmont Orchardin Hollis. I ran into flocks of migrants at most every stop. Highlights included -

9 sparrow species including -
- 1 Clay-colored Sparrow - near the large top soil pile - same area one was seen about a month ago. Same bird?
- 1 Vesper Sparrow
- 1 Field Sparrow - at same brush pile as a pair I had a month ago - continuing bird ?
1 Blue-headed Vireo - very bright individual (late per eBird)
A flock of Pipits that I estimated to be 75 birds - they visited every field
1 Phoebe (late per eBird)
Flock of 40 Bluebirds - I think that was the largest flock of bluebirds I've ever seen
Raptors - 2 Harriers, 1 Cooper's, 2 Red-tails (always seems to be a good raptor show there)

Link to the eBird checklist - http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40145788

Mike Resch
www.statebirding.blogspot.com
Pepperell, MA