Date: 10/27/17 9:11 am
From: Fred Shaffer <glaucousgull...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Orange-crowned Warbler at Schoolhouse Pond
During my lunchtime walk around Schoolhouse Pond, I found an Orange-crowned Warbler in a busy, mixed-species flock along one of the woodland edges to the side of the pond. I got close views of the bird as it foraged about 20 feet up in the tree edge. Also present were 3 or 4 kinglets, Song and White-throated Sparrows, several Yellow-rumped Warblers, a Hermit Thrush, and one "Yellow" Palm Warbler.  The birds were where the pond comes close to the adjacent Darnell's Chance historic site, right where a small creek comes out of the pond, feeds under the boardwalk and runs towards Western Branch.  Good birding!
Fred <ShafferGlaucousGull...>, Anne Arundel