Date: 10/26/17 8:11 pm
From: Kent Forward <kforward...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] LeConte's Sparrow continues 10/26/2017
Good Evening Birders,
I bumped into Chris Hayward this evening out on the Blufftop Coastal Park bluff shortly after 5PM, we both had Longspurs on the brain!  While we searched fruitlessly for that species we were very fortunate when the LECONTE'S SPARROW made an appearance in what appears to be its new favorite Coyote Bush that hangs over the ditch about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way down the dirt bluff trail if walking from the end of Myrtle Street (where the trail begins) towards the ocean. This is where myself and several others saw it several days earlier as well so a good spot to stakeout in the first hour or so after sunrise or an hour or so before sunset on a sunny calm day if you're trying for it and haven't seen it yet. It bathed and drank in the water in the ditch below, then preened on the bush for a while before flying back south into the field.

Bountiful Birding,Kent ForwardEl Granada

Join us on Facebook!