Date: 10/26/17 5:14 pm
From: Martin Meyers <martin...> [LACoBirds] <LACoBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] Ross's Goose at Malibu Lagoon

This afternoon, there was a a Ross's Goose mixed in with the gulls at Malibu Lagoon. Based on eBird, this appears to be the first occurrence there this season (or, at least, the first submitted to eBird.)
I didn"t see anything else out of the ordinary, but there was a nice assortment of the expected species, including several Royal Terns, large numbers (100+) of Marbled Godwits, Willets, and Black-bellied Plovers.  Also quite a few Whimbrels, Ruddy Turnstones, and Snowy Plovers. One of the eight Heermann's Gulls I saw appeared to be hatch year or second year. It flew off before I had a chance to study it in detail or photograph it.
Martin
Martin MeyersTruckee, CA       Photo website: http://SierraBirdbum.com