Date: 10/26/17 1:46 pm
From: Warblerick <ricksussman1955...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Halloween Hawk
Must be close to Halloween,cause I just had a beautiful Gray Ghost (male Northern Harrier) fly by, just above and below treetop level along the back of our property and my neighbors pasture. What a treat.
I would have missed it except for a flock of crows that were carrying on and putting up a huge fuss in our yard like they had found a hawk or owl. I went out to see what the ruckus was all about, and they were already dispersing. All I saw out of the ordinary was one carrying what looked like a piece of toast or stale bread, and he dropped it in our backyard. The others were chasing him, but by then most were leaving our yard. A few minutes later the harrier went by, but I don't think the two were connected.
Rick Sussman
Woodbine
Carroll County