Date: 10/26/17 12:45 pm
From: David Antieau <dkantieau...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET California Park - LeConte's Sparrow
Dear birders,
Highlight of a 5.75 mile walk in my "neighborhood" this morning was a LeConte's Sparrow between the fieldhouse and the river in California Park (California and Irving Park Rd). This was a FOY for me, but even better, the first I've seen in my zip code. I've had most, if not all, of the common species of sparrow in this park, but this joins Harris' Sparrow (several years ago) as a rarer find.
In Horner Park, a Brown Creeper may have mistaken me for a tree. It flew directly at me, then veered at the last second to land on the trunk of a tree only two feet away from me.
For the birds!
Dave <Antieaudkantieau...>, Cook County

Join us on Facebook!