Date: 10/25/17 8:33 pm
From: Josh <opihi...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Belated report, White Ibis in Northampton!
Hi MassBirders,

Just received word of an immature White Ibis at the Oxbow in Northampton earlier this week. It was apparently found on Sunday, October 22, by one Rick Hart, who posted about it in a small nature photography FaceBook discussion group (one not particularly focused on birds). Paul Dutil saw that post and relocated the bird on Monday 10-23, and posted his photos to eBird:

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40122005 <http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40122005>

Joe Bourget apparently noticed Paul’s eBird report this evening and relayed it to the MARBA group. So far as I’m aware, no other birders noticed or heard about this until roughly an hour ago, so I don’t believe there have been any attempts to relocate the bird since Monday. The Oxbow eBird hotspot shows no reports filed from that location since September 3. Hopefully some of us can get over there tomorrow and see if it’s still around…..

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose, Ph.D.
Amherst, MA