Date: 10/25/17 4:05 pm
From: Walt Webb <wwebb24...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] First Yard Junco, Westwood, 10/25
For years I've recorded the dates when the first and last Juncos appear in
my yard. Today, Oct. 25, the first one showed up at my feeders, sampling the
scattered seed below the mixed seed feeder. A bonus: a Carolina Wren at the
feeder. It's nice to see them making a comeback!

Walt Webb
Westwood, MA
<wwebb24...>

"What I cannot see, no matter how closely I look, is what drives this small
creature, barely heavier than air, to make the journeys that it must
make....Its secrets are locked in that tiny packet of brain and muscle and
instinct, a few feet away but separated from me by an immense uncrossable
distance. It knows, and I do
--Scott Weidensaul, Living on the Wind: Across the Hemisphere with
Migratory Birds

Join us on Facebook!