Date: 10/25/17 2:58 pm
From: Paul Roisen <roisenp1950...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] eBird Hotspots
Does anyone know how an eBird Hotspot gets established? As I update
county locations and have been out birding I have used the eBird designated
"Hot Spots" as a guide. Crazy as it may sound I have found Hotspots what
have 6, 5, 9, 2, 1, and even "0" birds listed there. How can these be
designated as eBird Hotspots if after driving out to such a location you
might find ZERO birds???

Sorry to maybe appear crabby but I think a "hotspot" should have some
minimum level like 15-30-50 before we suggest that heading out there could
be enjoyable bird IMHO.

Would there be any interest in trying to establish some kind of criteria
before we designate a location as and eBird or even Nebraska Hotspot?

God Bless,

*Paul O. Roisen*
*Woodbury County, IA*
*Mobile 712-301-2817*