Date: 10/25/17 12:38 pm
From: Jim Pfeifer via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Geese galore
Spent 1.5 hrs up on the cut corn fields off of Durkee Road in Somers this afternoon. I estimate there were 2,200 geese in the fields, in three main flocks. I have not relocated the possible pink-footed goose I saw a week ago, but I did ID 3 cackling geese, and one Canada with a speckled white and black head (looked like it was splattered with white paint). Also had the resident 1st year Northern Harrier, two Coopers Hawks, and one Kestrel (seen on a rock feeding on a mouse/vole). Savanah and Song Sparrows everywhere along the margins, with at least 15 white-throated and two Junco.....

James L. Pfeifer, LEP
Principal Consultant
Environmental Resources Management
99 East River Dr., 3rd Floor
East Hartford, Connecticut
06108

Tel: +860-466-8515 (direct line)
Tel: +860-466-8500 (switchboard)
Mobile: +860-930-7808

www.erm.com<http://www.erm.com/>
<jim.pfeifer...><mailto:<jim.pfeifer...>