Date: 10/25/17 11:46 am
From: Malia DeFelice <maliadances...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [pen-bird] possible Summer Tanager (2nd hand report), Cypress Lawn Cemetery, 10/24/17
Hi Folks,
I did the same as Joseph Morlan. I downloaded Russ's original and additional photos and adjusted the exposure/highlights/shadows for each photo. They do look like Summer Tanager. Thanks to Dominik and others for taking a much more critical look at these photos on eBird than I did late last night reviewing the initial photo.    And to Rob for opening the discussion on Pen-bird this morning. Russ, cool bird! I hope it can be re-found!

Malia

On Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 11:28:53 AM PDT, Joseph Morlan <jmorlan...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...> wrote:

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 09:35:53 -0700, "Robert Furrow <robertfurrow...>
[peninsula-birding]" <peninsula-birding-noreply...> wrote:

>I noticed this report of a Western Tanager from Cypress Lawn Cemetery in Colma. http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40103453
>The checklist contains a few images. The bird looks like it has a faint wing bar, but the bill size and head shape look more like a Summer Tanager to me. What do others think?

I used a shadow/highlight filter on one of the photos. This is definitely
a Summer Tanager in my opinion.

Edited photo attached.
--
Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA