Date: 10/24/17 6:34 pm
From: Donna Pomeroy <dpom...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Clay-colored Sparrow in El Granada
I have been keeping a close eye on the sparrows in my yard over the past couple weeks, in hopes that the/a Clay-colored Sparrow might return for the third year or another one might show up and this evening, I had one show up and immediately start feeding on the scattered seed. Itís quite shy like the others have been, but made itself right at home. It joins my returning White-throated Sparrow as the 10th member of the sparrow family to be using my backyard again this season.
A few other unusual yard birds over the last day included five flyover crossbills this evening and a flock of about 30-50 Cackling Geese flying over late last night.

Donna Pomeroy
El Granada

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional