Date: 10/24/17 7:58 am
From: William Banks via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] LHPP for Tuesday, 10-24-2017
With winds blowing hard from the SSE at 25-30 knots, and gusts of higher velocity, I did not expect much today.
Was I ever surprised!!
There was no morning flight, BUT, 1,900 Tree Swallows and 750 Double-Crested Cormorants were certainly unexpected.
I did have 1 Northern Harrier, 5 Sharp-Shinned Hawks, 1 Cooper's Hawk, 1Merlin, 1 Peregrine and 12 Turkey Vultures moving .
Not too shabby, when you could actually lean into the wind and have it support you.

Bill Banks

Sent from my iPhone