Date: 10/23/17 8:34 pm
From: Paul Roisen <roisenp1950...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] NE Birding Tour: 10.20.17 -- 10.23.17
Mark and Ed Brogie and myself completed 4 days of a 5 day Nebraska County
Listing birding tour today. Most of tomorrow will be spend getting back
to Creighton, Wayne, and Sioux City so likely this is it for any
significant birding.

Dessert for today's trip was a hike up the "Three-toed Woodpecker Canyon"
off of E. Ash Canyon Rd for Clark's Nutcracker. All way the in and most
of the way back before two of these great birds showed up. #344 for me in
Nebraska.

Counties Actively Birded on this trip:

I had four counties left that I had not yet birded. Nance(+55), Howard
(+9), Sherman (+30), Furnas (+51). Also added birds in: Box Butte +20 =
45, Dawes +25 = 105, Frontier +8 = 32, Harlan +3 = 59, Hayes +40 = 47,
Hitchcock +60 = 66, Merrick +2 = 11, Morrill +14 = 95, Perkins +5 = 45, and
Red Willow + 26 = 32. Total ticks added 348 for the trip which chances of
some maybe tomorrow on the way home.

Best Birds: Clark's Nutcacker 2

County "Ticks" YTD 1500+

Recommendation:
1) Do NOT go birding in high winds--every day so far has been very
windy with today being HORRIFIC winds. Though we did well it was not as
pleasant as we would have wished for.
2) Go birding with people who knows a lot more about locations and
are better birders than you are.
3) Just be glad you can be outside are able to see and/or hear these
wonderful creatures.

God Bless,

*Paul O. Roisen*
*Woodbury County, IA*