Date: 10/23/17 4:45 pm
From: <terrynjohn...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Northern Waterthrush, Mute Swan, etc.
This morning (10/23) I started at Huntington Central Park at 7:30 a.m. to look for the No. Waterthrush in Loren’s Ditch. I didn’t find it there until I came back for a last look at 9:30 a.m. I was able to get one quick iD picture, then in flew through the bushes to the north side. I went around there, re-found it, but it flew again. It gave quick tantalizing looks every so often, and I finally left at 10:00.

I then went to Bolsa Chica, parking at Kennebunk, and walked down to the channel hoping the Mute Swan would be right there. It wasn’t. I was told by others that it was up by the tide gates, so I headed up there and found it at 11:00 a.m. It was still present about 11:30 a.m.

Later, I was running some errands, driving on McFadden in Huntington Beach and passed Greer Park. There were 3 groups of White Pelicans there, and as I was driving by, I estimated there were between 40-50.

Terry Hill
Huntington Beach

Join us on Facebook!