Date: 10/22/17 5:12 pm
From: Henry Armknecht <armknecht...>
Subject: Cedar Bluffs Surf Scoters, Franklin's
I checked Cedar Bluffs Lake in Trego County for Franklin's Gulls this
morning and found a couple of dozen.

There were two Surf Scoters in the outlet pool below the dam.

The south side of this lake seems to be about the most reliable spot I know
in this part of KS for Mountain bluebirds.

I wandered through a bit of Ness and Rush Counties on the way home.

Most notable was a Rock Wren at a small rural cement bridge. I have
observed that Rock Wrens in migration can often be found at bridges.

American Pipits were seen in all three counties. For the most part, birds
were fairly scarce.

Exceptions were Harriers and Red-tailed Hawks.

Henry A

Hays

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to