Date: 10/22/17 1:29 pm
From: Jane Frazier <00000046582e7231-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Red Necked Grebe, Binder Lake, Jeff City

I had a good look at the bird today right by the boat ramp at Binder Lake. I have been studying the Sibley which shows a pointed-billed grebe of dull colors with more of a brownish hue about the neck in nonbreeding plumage, The overall dull colors indicate only nonbreeding Red Necked Grebe. The bird was bigger than a pied billed, and the pointy bill lets pied billed out. Any Jefferson Citians or nearby who want to take a look and report would be appreciated.
He was near the coots, diving regularly.

Jane Frazier
Jeff City
<janefraz3...>

ABA Birding Code of Ethics