Date: 10/22/17 12:25 pm
From: Carol Morgan <crxmorgan...>
Subject: Perry Lake
It was a gorgeous autumn morning and I hit several hotspots around Perry
Lake.

The TAS Sanctuary proved the birdiest. I found lots of sparrows. I wished
in vain for a Nelson's, but certainly found LeConte's, field, song,
savannah, white-throated, Lincoln's, swamp, junco, and spotted and eastern
towhee. About three dozen pelicans were on the water and cormorants were
perched on many snags. A red-shouldered hawk perched in view and screamed
at a couple of crows that were harassing him. Two belted kingfishers flew
by on the shoreline.

Delaware Marsh was also birdy. The best bird there was a single pine
siskin among a hoard of goldfinches.

Franklin's gulls were everywhere! I estimate 250,000 at the lake overall.

Carol Morgan
Topeka Audubon Society

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to