Date: 10/21/17 6:05 pm
From: Dick Ashford <dicka...>
Subject: [RV Birds] RVAS field trip today
A small (but fun!) group of RVAS birders visited Scott Valley, CA, today. We saw a good mix of raptors:

125+ Red-tailed Hawks
7 Ferruginous Hawks
2 Red-shouldered Hawks
1 Sharp-shinned Hawk
Bald Eagle
3 Golden Eagles
6 Northern Harriers
15 American Kestrels
3 Prairie Falcons, and
5 Merlins

A pretty nice day.

The Merlin total is impressive, and reflective of the large number of passerines distributed throughout the valley. If the Merlins hang around, I suspect that number will grow smaller on a daily basis...

Cheers,
Dick
Sent from my iPad