Date: 10/21/17 4:01 pm
From: Clayton Koonce <cg.koonce...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: Off Topic - Long Tailed skippers
On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 12:34:22 PM UTC-4, Joe Wolf wrote:
> (If this is not appropriate - feel free to delete the post)
>
> Yesterday, my wife found, and I re-found today, the first 2 long tailed skippers I've ever sen in MD, let alone in my yard. One is really chewed up, the other perfect. Not sure how common a visitor they really are, but thought I'd pass it along. I know a bunch of the birding community are avid butterfly observers, too.

I saw my first one in September at Lake Kittamaqundi near me. It was puddling on wet ground beside the path. I also suggest submitting to Maryland Biodiversity Project, if you can -- https://www.marylandbiodiversity.com/ ...If you're in Howard County, the county butterfly survey would like to know about this! Especially two in one place. There is contact information and a report form under the butterfly tab on the HC Bird Club website -- http://howardbirds.org/

Clayton Koonce
Columbia