Date: 10/21/17 9:42 am
From: Jeremy Nance via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Trout Brook Valley Preserve (Easton) Orange-crowned Warbler, Vesper Sparrow
There is a continuing, or another, Orange-crowned Warbler in the TBV
orchard, seen this morning in the blueberry patch. Four Vesper Sparrows
were on the fence just south of the barn. There is a patch of planted
grain just on the other side of the fence that they are clearly feeding in,
with periodic flights back to the fence. If you are looking for Vesper
Sparrow, this is a great spot - I've seen one or more in the same place
every visit here since early October. Also of note, a flyover Pine Siskin
(first I have had here in two years), single Lincoln's and White-crowned
Sparrows, lots of Am. Pipits flying over, still plenty of Palm Warblers
(mostly Yellow).

Jeremy Nance
Easton, CT