Date: 10/20/17 10:38 pm
From: SeEttaM . <seettam...>
Subject: [cobirds] First of the season Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk in Canon City
I spotted the first Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk of the season yesterday in
Canon City. Like about 90% of the Harlan's it is a dark morph (from
Ligouri and Sullivan) .As many Colorado birders know Harlan's migrate down
from their far north breeding range to winter along the front range and the
Arkansas River Valley. I got a few photos of the bird that I have posted on
my Birds And Nature blog. <https://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/>

Earlier in the week there was a good movement of Yellow-rumped Warblers
that stopped over in Canon City to fuel their migration. Typical appearing
Black Phoebes have been moving through Canon City for the past month or
so. Usually I see them at Florence River Park but haven't seen any there
since mid summer. A large number of White-throated Swifts congregated for
feeding in west Canon City a week ago.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com