Date: 10/12/17 9:58 pm
From: Daniel Mason <millipede1977...>
Subject: Re: RED CROSSBILL BUSINESS BOOMING. INVEST NOW
A couple of my kids and I went down to see the type 2's that were there
earlier this year.  Great life bird.  I find it interesting and mildly
exciting that there's something different there now but can't really
afford to drive down to see them this time.  Wish I had a pine forest in
my backyard though.  Only have a few pine trees here.  not enough to
attract the line lovers.
The following popped up on Ebird this morning which is quite a
coincidence after reading this.  I only read a little and skimmed as
it's long but I think many people will find it quite interesting and
worth the time.
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/news/crossbills-of-north-america-species-and-red-crossbill-call-types/