Date: 10/12/17 5:41 pm
From: Barbara Combs <bcombs232...>
Subject: [obol] Banded Canada Goose - Old but not yet the oldest ever
Today at the cemetery on West 11th in Eugene I found banded Canada Goose 292V. I have found her in previous years. Looking back in my old correspondence, I read that her hatch year is 1991 or earlier, so she is 26+ years old. As of today, the record oldest Canada Goose lived to be more than 30 years old. Happy unbirthday to 292V, and may she have many more unbirthdays in the future.

Reporting bands adds to our knowledge about birds. They can be reported at

pwrc.usgs.gov

When you submit a report, the bird banding lab sends you a certificate of appreciation with information about when and where the bird was banded, if the bander submitted a banding record for the bird. For those who like being citizen scientists, this is one way to contribute to our database of knowledge about birds.

Barbara Combs
Lane County, OregonPOST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!