Date: 10/12/17 2:28 pm
From: Timothy Huizenga <thuizenga...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Burnham Prairie, Hegewisch Marsh, and Calumet areas
There was a modest amount of bird activity at Burnham Prairie today, though the only shorebirds seen were killdeer.  I did see a RUSTY BLACKBIRD and juvenile BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT HERON as well as many palm warblers, some eastern bluebirds, a couple of white-crowned sparrows and a CLAY-COLORED SPARROW.
The best birding was on the road that goes south from the intersection of 122nd St and Stony Island Ave.  I saw many many yellow-rumped warblers, a brown creeper, and a pair of yellow-bellied sapsuckers.  I also saw 4 mute swans at Big Marsh, as well as several northern shovelers and a pied-billed grebe.
Tim HuizengaCook

Join us on Facebook!