Date: 10/12/17 2:24 pm
From: <th3b1rdn3rd...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Dunback meadows (strange Dove call)
I am at Dunback meadows, and I heard what sounded like a strange Dove call. It was low, fairly short and didn’t have much of a pattern to it besides just the one note every few seconds, I heard it for a short time around 5:10 at the entrench where I was sitting because the trail had caution tape on it for some reason. I think the nearby school is doing some sort of activity here with the kids but I’m not sure. That’s why I couldn’t go very far to find where this went, because the call got distant as I assume this bird flew away (flew right if you are facing in from the entrance). This could just be a weird mourning Dove call that I haven’t heard before or something else, so I’m not saying it was anything special, but just keep your eyes out if you’re at Dunback! (Again not something to go out of your way to go after, could just be a mounting Dove).

- Francis Morello

Waltham, MA

<th3b1rdn3rd...>

Join us on Facebook!