Date: 10/12/17 1:55 pm
From: Phil Brown <nebirdsplus...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Overnight Owls & Others - Essex, MA - August to October
It's been just over a month and a half since I started recording audio
from the deck most nights here in Essex (10pm to 6am) and to say I'm
surprised at how often Barred Owls and others call around the
neighborhood would be an understatement.

Barred Owl - 33 nights

Great Horned Owl - 4

Screech Owl - 8

Saw-whet Owl - 1

other critters and birds - almost every night......

For a commercial / residential neighborhood with lots of traffic I'm
quite surprised at the amount of activity.

I've posted the dates I've heard each species of Owl and a couple dozen
examples of what's around the yard from Owls to Hawks to Fox & Flying
Squirrel at:

https://nebirdsplus.com/owls-overnight-essex/

--
Enjoy,
Phil Brown

"In order to see birds, it is necessary to become part of the silence.", Robert Lynd

Join us on Facebook!