Date: 10/12/17 10:18 am
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Very likely Crested Auklet - Depoe Bay
Darrell Faxon and I have been sea-watching from a condo deck at Depoe Bay from shortly after dawn. About. half hour ago Darrell called out a dark alcid, which i was able to soon see.

We both concluded that it was very likely a Crested Auklet. It appeared all black with a heavy head, and fairly large. We can’t say how big exactly, it appeared to be the size of a Crested, a species we both have seen a large number of in the past. We both thought it was too large to be a less likely Whiskered Auklet.

Jeff Gilligan
Darrell Faxon

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>