Date: 10/12/17 10:17 am
From: Josh Engel <jengel5230...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Eggers Grove & Rainbow Beach
I led a Field Museum/Chicago Audubon Society field trip this morning to Eggers Grove Forest Preserve on the South Side for #birdthepreserves this morning, then stopped in at Rainbow Beach on my way back north. Eggers was loaded with typical late fall migrants, including 100+ White-throated Sparrows, 35 Golden-crowned Kinglets, and 5 Winter Wrens. Puddle ducks were another highlight, with 19 Northern Pintail, 10 American Wigeon, 6 Gadwall, 2 Green-winged Teal, and 1 American Black Duck. Viewing the wetlands is great from path through the woods.
I walked out through the dunes at Rainbow Beach. I didn't find any Ammodramus sparrows, but in the channel were two female Surf Scoters with Redhead, Greater Scaup, and a female Canvasback.
Eggers Grove eBird list: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39860198Rainbow Beach eBird list: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39860191
The full schedule of remaining Field Museum-sponsored field trips for the fall can be found here:
www.fieldmuseum.org/birding
Josh Engel
Red Hill Birdingwww.redhillbirding.comOn Facebook: www.facebook.com/redhillbirding

Join us on Facebook!