Date: 10/12/17 9:37 am
From: <clsouth...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Re: Hummingbird banding in WA state
Puget Sound Bird Observatory teaches banding classes for passerine birds, banding under our master bander's permit, Don Norman.
None of our members has a banding permit to band hummingbirds.

The master bander in this area who has a hummingbird permit is Dan Harville. I did assist him back in 2005/2006, and talked about those experiences and the sizing of the bands. Since I have had experience removing hummingbirds from nets and cages, I requested that newbies get me to release any caught hummingbirds.

Dan Harville has banded more than 11,000 hummingbirds and lives in the Edmonds area.

Christine Southwick
President,

eOn Thu, 12 Oct 2017, randy collins wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 15:24:56 +0000 (UTC)
> From: randy collins <rancol23...>
> To: <tweeters...>
> Subject: [Tweeters] Re: Hummingbird banding in WA state
>
> Hi,
>
> I took a bird banding class from Puget Sound Bird Observatory ( http://www.pugetsoundbirds.org ). I recall one of the trainers
> saying that they had experience with banding hummingbirds. They wisely told us beginners to defer to them if we happened to
> catch any hummingbirds in our mist nets :)
>
> Randy

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 13:03:00 -0700
> From: Susan wepking <smwepking...>
> Subject: [Tweeters] Hummingbird banding in WA state
> To: <tweeters...>
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering if anyone knows who I may get in contact with to learn how
> to band hummingbirds in Washington state?
>
> Thank you for any and all feedback,
>
> Susan

Christine Southwick
Pharmacy Administration
University of Washington Medical Center
Box 356015
1959 NE Pacific Street
Seattle, WA 98195-6015
phone: 206-598-7398; fax 206-598-6075

This electronic message transmission contains information which may be
confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the
use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this
electronic transmission in error, please delete this message. Thank you.

<Tweeters...>