Date: 10/12/17 6:04 am
From: Bruce Carl <hrdabrd...>
Subject: Laughing Gull Tioga County
A short time ago I located a rather dark looking imm laughing gull from the
north lookout at Cowanesque Lake in northern Tioga County. It was sitting
on the water with about a dozen ring-billed gulls. After a few minutes the
birds lifted off the water and dispersed with the laughing gull last seen
flying westward over the lake with some of the ring-billed gulls. Drove to
the west end of the lake stopping at some lookouts/boat launches along the
way with no success in relocating the bird. I am currently along rt 49 on
the southwest section of the lake where it is much shallower with many
logs/stumps for birds to perch on sorting through just some ring-billed
gulls and some DC Cormorants. It still may be the area.

Bruce A Carl
Akron / Lanc. Co.

Join us on Facebook!