Date: 10/12/17 4:56 am
From: Tina and Peter Green via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Sea Watching at Sherwood Island and a curious sighting
Westport- Sherwood Island SP-
275+ Laughing Gulls so far, all moving east, 2 Common Loons headed west,2 Bald Eagles(adult and 1st year) moving west, Peregrine Falcon, midsound, moving west, 2 Merlins, moving west, one chased a passerine into the beach almost hitting me, but missed me and the passerine, a high flying flock of 50+ Brant flying west, only 1 Wood Duck (only duck species so far)flying west, and here's the curious sighting...
I saw 8 Herring Gulls aggressively chase a small passerine in off the water from Long Island Sound as if it were chasing a tern with food. They drove it onto the beach and into the tall grass before giving up in their pursuit.I was unable to locate the passerine which no doubt was traumatized!

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone