Date: 10/11/17 7:06 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [COBOL] Crook Birds Today
I went to Prineville to look for the White-winged Scoter reported by Lew
Rems at Ochoco Reservoir.  It was not present at the dam when I got
there and I did not find it anywhere on the lake (much of the lake is
unviewable due to the lack of public access).  I did find an immature
SURF SCOTER about 1/4 mile east of where Lew found his WW Scoter.  I was
joined by Mark Gonzalez and Mark located a RED-NECKED GREBE just off the
county park camping area. There was a mass of birds on the east end that
included a flock of peeps and 2 GREATER YELLOWLEGS.  After leaving the
lake, I found 2 BARN SWALLOWS at the Prineville Sewer Ponds and a
FERRUGINOUS HAWK just below my house in Powell Butte.

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,