Date: 10/11/17 4:51 pm
From: Joseph Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: Lake Fayetteville from Mulhollan Blind
This afternoon I did the 1-mile loop walk from near Botanical Garden of the Ozarks to Mulhollan Blind and back. In the woods: Ruby-crowned Kinglet (2), Black-throated Green Warbler (1). With afternoon sun and calm wind, great views of Lake Fayetteville from Mulhollan Blind: Wood Duck (1, male), Gadwall (2), Pied-billed Grebe (46), Horned Grebe (1), Double-crested Cormorant (5), Great Blue Heron (3), American Coot (59). Also, great views of several water turtle species, enjoying the sun on a mostly submerged log, right out in front of Mulhollan Blind.

I also checked out Bob Kidd Lake near Prairie Grove this morning: Gadwall (2), Northern Shoveler (15), Pied-billed Grebe (28), Double-crested Cormorant (13), American Coot (3). There were also 150-200 swallows, mainly Barn, Northern Rough-winged, and Tree. Also picked up an Orange-crowned Warbler. Arkansas Game and Fish has rebuilt the main boat dock, a good place to view the lake's dam end.

Join us on Facebook!